Gary R. Pannone
Gary R. Pannone
866-353-3310 (Toll Free)
Gary R. Pannone is the Managing Partner of Pannone Lopes Devereaux & West LLC and has been representing closely held business owners for thirty years. He is an experienced business lawyer specializing in the areas of business formations, corporate restructuring, mergers, acquisitions and corporate compliance. His practice includes the representation of nonprofit organizations with respect to consolidations, mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Pannone serves on several boards and governance committees of nonprofit organizations, is a former Town Solicitor and has served as special counsel to several municipalities. He is also a frequent lecturer and author in the areas of corporate compliance, board governance and best practices.
Prior to the founding of Pannone Lopes Devereaux & West LLC, Mr. Pannone served as the managing partner of the Providence office of Holland & Knight LLP. He has been recognized by his peers as a leading lawyer in the areas of business law and corporate compliance by The Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA, Super Lawyers and Corporate Counsel. In addition to his role as Managing Partner of the firm, Mr. Pannone serves as the team leader for the Business Law and Nonprofit Organizations practice.
Mr. Pannone received his J.D. from Suffolk Law School after earning his undergraduate degree in Finance and Accounting from the University of Notre Dame. He is admitted to practice law in Rhode Island and the U.S. District Court, First Circuit.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Health Care Law
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Rhode Island, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1977
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- B.B.A. - 1974
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Chambers USA
- Rhode Island and New England Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Business Law, Health Law and Law Practice Management
Past Employment Positions
- Legal Counsel, Department of Employment Security
- Town Solicitor, North Kingstown
- Town Solicitor, East Greenwich
Pro Bono Activities
- Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce
- East Greenwich Chamber of Commerce
- Northern RI Chamber of Commerce
- Phi Delta Phi